January 9, 2008

First FO of 2008!



Is this Bainbridge Scarf, a belated Christmas present for my mother. I can't say enough about this pattern; it's ingenious, looks fabulous and way cool all at once. I'd like to make another, but I almost never make the same thing twice. My only mods to the pattern: I couldn't bring myself to do the ties in seed stitch, so they're just garter. Seed stitch is such a condundrum -- I love the way it looks, but I really can't handle all that switching. I want to lay down just thinking of it. I have the utmost respect for Debbie Bliss -- how does she do all that seed stitch? Anyway, it's Colinette Jitterbug in Oyster Blush, held double on 6 needles.



Having recently destashed a few dust-gatherers, my stash was looking a little thin. I was surprised and delighted to receive two fabulous yarns for Christmas: Sundara Sport Merino in Meridian, complete with the Tatami pattern, and Noro's Cashmere Island, colorway 10. I don't know what either of these will become, but right now I just sit staring at them, which is weirdly satisfying.



I did have a few pajamas-in-public spottings over the holidays, two in airports, one in a Starbucks, although that was a toddler, so it doesn't count. The latest was actually today at the post office. This woman was wearing Pittsburgh Steelers PJs, which makes me think maybe she's still asleep.

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

OK, that Sundara is killing me, as is the 'Oyster Blush' color way! I love that Bainbridge so, so much...you can see where this is going, right?

Alison said...

Love the color of that oyster blush!
Great pics of your finished object.
I hope your thumb is feeling like its old self.

Happy knitting-
ali

Anonymous said...

the scarf is lovely and now i can't get the image of a woman in steelers pj's standing in line at the post office out of my head!