January 8, 2009

While I was gone

This is what's happened:

Collage 1
Collage 2Picnik collage 1

Both Charlie and Maudie turned 12; she started junior high. Shockingly, junior high is now considered 'fun', probably because they all have personal phones and are available by text and IM 24/7.

My mom got sick, and then she got better.

I happily reconnected with an old friend, thanks to Jane.

Snuffy went from a 38 lb. weakling to a 55 lb. stud. (Also, he got neutered.)

We drove to Chicago, to Boston and to Florida.

My cousin was ordained as a minister.

I took a quilting class. Quilting is okay; there is a lot of ironing, which is also okay. I experienced a lot of junior high home-ec class sewing machine anxiety. For me, junior high was not fun.

For Christmas, I baked cookies, knitted mittens, juiced a lot of oranges and received a new iron.

There was knitting, and planning knitting projects, although I was completely silent.

Now I'm back.

Peace to everyone in 2009!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Hi there, glad to see you post. I've had you in my bloglines for ages but seen no updates. Welcome back to bloggyville :-)
and Happy New Year!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yay--Purlfriend is in the house, woot woot!

a friend to knit with said...

glad to have you back!!!